Led by award-winning dancer and choreographer, Meilyn, Wednesday bellydance classes at The Dance Studio Leeds are choreography focused and cover many styles of bellydance; from Oriental (traditional) to Fusion bellydance, folkloric and fan veils dances, dark and serious to light and uplifting.
Music selection varies from Egyptian and Turkish bellydance music to alternative, pop, theatrical and/or electronic Western music.
Current course dates:
Wednesday 15th March up to and including 31st May 2023 (10 weeks – NO classes on 5th April or 17th May). Course choreography:
Next course dates:
Wednesday 7th June up to and including 9th August 2023 (10 weeks). Course choreography:
- Learning new choreographies, usually across two 5 week terms.
- Going over and rehearsing existing routines for upcoming performances*.
- Training on technique, where appropriate.
*Performances – Optional, but, if students choose to perform with Lola Hips, they are required to buy the recommended costumes and props. (Being a student troupe, often performances will require a small ticket fee for entry to the event).
- Classes – Students will be required to buy their own props.
- Experience – A minimum of 2 years bellydance classes attendance is recommended
- Private classes – Lola Hips members also perform solo and may receive discounted private (one to one) classes with Meilyn.
Learn more about Lola Hips:
Lola Hips is a semi-professional bellydance troupe, led by Creative Director, Choreographer and Instructor, Meilyn. They have performed at international bellydance festivals across the UK, perform regularly at haflas (bellydance community events) and showcases and love mixing up styles. Investing in troupe costuming is essential for selected performances. Lola Hips is a supportive environment, where professionalism is important, but fun and wellbeing are also key.
- Taster Class* – Drop in one week, £15
- First Courses* – 10 weeks, £130