Led by award-winning dancer and choreographer, Meilyn, Wednesday bellydance classes at The Dance Studio Leeds are choreography focused and cover many styles of bellydance; from Oriental (traditional) to Fusion bellydance, folkloric and fan veils dances, dark and serious to light and uplifting.
Music selection varies from Egyptian and Turkish bellydance music to alternative, pop, theatrical and/or electronic Western music.
Next course start date and choreography: Wednesday 4th January 2023 (10 weeks). Theatrical fan veils Tango fusion.
- Learning new choreographies, usually across two 5 week terms.
- Going over and rehearsing existing routines for upcoming performances*.
- Training on technique, where appropriate.
*Performances – Optional, but, if students choose to perform with Lola Hips, they are required to buy the recommended costumes and props. (Being a student troupe, often performances will require a small ticket fee for entry to the event).
- Classes – Students will be required to buy their own props.
- Experience – A minimum of 2 years bellydance classes attendance is recommended
- Private classes – Lola Hips members also perform solo and may receive discounted private (one to one) classes with Meilyn.
Learn more about Lola Hips:
Lola Hips is a semi-professional bellydance troupe, led by Artistic Director, Choreographer and Instructor, Meilyn. They have performed at international bellydance festivals across the UK, perform regularly at haflas (bellydance community events) and showcases and love mixing up styles. Lola Hips is a supportive environment, where professionalism is important, but fun and wellbeing are also key.
- Taster Class* – Drop in one week, £15
- First Course* – 10 weeks, £130
Thereafter, classes are usually in 5 week blocks (this may vary) and the course fee changes according to the number of weeks, e.g, 5 week block = £55, 6 week block = £66.
*NOTE: If you are a returning member, the Taster Class and First Course fees do not apply.