This Introduction to Contemporary class is suitable for complete beginners, and those with a little experience but wanting to refine their skills. The class will look at the basic elements and fundamental steps of contemporary dance. Whilst giving you a great work out, the class will help you gain an understanding of the technique behind the movements, improve body awareness, co-ordination, and musicality. A great way to gain some prior knowledge to help you feed into the beginners level contemporary class.
You don’t have to attend every week – feel free to drop into a single session and Mati can adapt to your level. Dancers with more experience also welcome to join, and appropriate layers can be given to exercises to adapt difficulty.
This class can be booked individually at £8.50 or with either of our Class Passes:
- 6 Class Pass – £48 (expiry of 10wks)
- 12 Class Pass – £90 (expiry of 16wks)
- We Are Ramped CIC, "Off- Centre" production. Performer role and communications role.
- Leaps & Bounds. Community dance facilitator role.
- Windswept. Screen dance by Mahshid Alavi, Mafwa production. Dance artist role.
- Leeds Beckett University. Contemporary Dance Technique, Performing Arts School, Guest lecture role.